Customer Relationship Manager – Assessment Lead Programme
In 1986, the UK Parliament made it illegal to handle a salmon under suspicious circumstances.
That out-of-context fact has nothing to do with Evidence Based Education, but now that we have your attention, why not spend a little more time reading on?
We’re looking for a Customer Relationship Manager. Maybe we’re looking for you.
Our new Customer Relationship Manager will nurture with care and attention all relationships with existing and prospective Evidence Based Education customers, for example those on our highly acclaimed Assessment Lead Programme; you will also have the exciting task of heading up our sales operations as we look to expand our mission’s reach and impact in 2018-19 and beyond.
This is a chiefly outbound role. If you think it might be for you, you’ll want to make sure that you’re comfortable working creatively and resiliently when under pressure; you’ll also see yourself as an innovator. We’d love it if you have experience of sales in education, but that’s not the most important thing as we’ll train you well.
You can read all of EBE’s core capabilities – what we expect from all of everyone in the team (and we mean everyone) – and below, you can read the key details pertaining to this role.
Salary: Competitive; commission and bonus structure
Start date: Summer 2018
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Working hours and flexibility: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, based in our office in Chester-Le-Street. Some flexibility in working hours will be considered following satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
Pension scheme: We operate a NEST pension scheme.
Benefits: Healthy lunch options; subsidised gym membership; travel opportunities; annual retreat…
The Customer Relationship Manager will create well-researched marketing and sales plans; being a self-starting team player is essential. You will have a degree of freedom in your work, and will be accountable to the team.
The key aspects of the role are as follows:
- Manage and develop relationships with existing ALP customers, working with the team to provide an exceptional customer experience to all Assessment Leads
- Take ultimate responsibility for sales of the ALP. Over time, you will be expected to work with the team to sell other EBE products and services
- Selling to decision-makers in the state and private sector, both in the UK and overseas
- Generating outbound sales: literally and metaphorically knocking on doors, going to conferences, running webinars, actively driving sales
- You’re a driven, motivated self-starter
- You’re creative influencer – you find new ways to market and sell
- You’re committed to the EBE team ethos; you will need to establish your credibility in a highly-talented team, collaborate with us and inspire both us and our customers
- You are resilient. Our failures show us the way to success, so bouncebackability is key.
- You can work with uncertainty, and are able to deal with ambiguity
- Ideally, you bring experience in education and in sales; neither is essential, but you must have knowledge of the UK education system and be able to communicate confidently with decision-makers in schools
How to apply
Thanks for getting this far! If you think you are who we’re looking for, complete this application form, and send a video of yourself (no more than 2 minutes long – recorded on a phone is fine!) telling us why you’d be a great fit for this job, along with a copy of your CV to Jack Deverson (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on 11th May 2018.