Evidence Based Education is recruiting! We’re looking for a Head of Research Engagement. If you think you’re up to the challenge, read the below and get in touch with us.
The Head of Research Engagement is expected to lead the development and delivery of Evidence Based Education’s Research Support Partnership programmes and other research-related activities. Working with the Director of Education, the Head of Research Engagement will play a key role in EBE’s development as a trusted partner to schools, charities, universities and government departments.
Salary: available on request
Start date: as soon as possible
For this role, we need someone who is self-motivated, flexible, able to build relationships, bring together diverse ideas and perspectives, and develop credibility with teachers, school leaders, policy-makers and academics around the world.
The Head of Research Engagement should have a higher degree, preferably in either Education or Psychology. Experience of teaching in either schools, FE or HE and a deep interest in using evidence to inform decision-making in education settings is also essential. Methodologically, you should be a pragmatist and understand experimental design; evaluation will be an area of real interest to you.
You will be working with Stuart Kime, Director of Education at Evidence Based Education to manage the delivery and development of EBE’s Research Support Partnership programme. You can expect a varied professional life which will involve everything from designing school-based evaluations, teaching teachers to appraise research evidence for quality, writing briefing guidance for policy-makers, presenting to large audiences and travelling internationally. You will be encouraged to contribute and develop your own ideas for projects which align with and enhance EBE’s mission; we will also encourage and assist you to publish your work.
An overview of the Head of Research Engagement’s responsibilities is given below:
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of existing Research Support Partnerships (RSPs);
- Seek and develop new Research Support Partnerships;
- Manage the remote (office-based) support and customer care for all RSP participants (including email, phone and video conferencing);
- Assist the Director of Education to develop system-wide research engagement training and support services;
- Develop tools (e.g. online guides) for school-based research engagement by teachers and school leaders engaged in RSPs;
- Be responsible for the marketing and development of EBE’s research-related activities; build strong links with an increasing number of schools, generating leads and ultimately RSP contracts;
- Seek and secure funding for new projects (where appropriate and necessary) which advance EBE’s mission;
- Raise the profile of EBE by writing for publication in academic journals and for the EBE blog, by presenting at conferences, and by developing productive links with organisations whose missions and practices are aligned with EBE’s;
- Build and develop new ideas which serve the changing needs of education systems engaging with research evidence;
- Other tasks as required by the Directors of EBE.
Working hours and flexibility: 9am-5am Monday to Friday, based in our office in Chester-Le-Street. Some flexibility in working hours and conditions can be discussed.
Pension scheme: We operate a NEST pension scheme.
How to apply: Complete this application form, and send a letter of application and a copy of your CV to Jack Deverson (via email firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on Friday 14th April 2017.