In-person Assessment Lead Training
Residential and bespoke in-house versions of our highly-rated Assessment Lead Programme.
Enabling school leaders to make their school assessment approach more efficient and enabling staff to make more reliable judgements about what pupils know, can do and need next.
Learn with like-minded education professionals
What is Assessment Lead Training?
Assessment Lead Training enables you and your staff to make your assessment approach more efficient, allowing teachers across departments and stages to make more reliable judgements about what pupils know, can do and need next.
By generating and using higher-quality information on pupil learning, and better integrating assessment with curriculum and pedagogy, your teaching will be more responsive to pupil needs.
The training will encourage you to re-think your approach to assessment, and support you to lead improvement.
At a glance
Bespoke to your needs
What are the benefits?
The aim is to improve the efficiency of assessment as a tool to improve the quality of information that supports effective teaching and learning.
Assessment Lead Training provides a framework for improving a school’s in-house assessment approach, both formative and summative, and activates change on three levels:
- Understand why, when and how to assess
- Understand key concepts in assessment and assessment as pedagogy
- Use assessment more effectively to support curriculum planning and pedagogy
- Be able to design powerful formative questions and quizzes that can be used during teaching to identify pupil misconceptions and learner needs
- Design formative and summative assessments that are demonstrably reliable in supporting curriculum planning and tracking progress
Within a department or phase
- Structured collaboration, driven and supported by trained Assessment Leads to link curriculum and pedagogy through effective use of assessment
- Improve reliability of judgements in both formative and summative approaches
- Build a bank of powerful formative questions for diagnostic use when planning schemes of work
Across the institution
- In-house support for teachers’ development in assessment practice
- A replicable model for activating change with Assessment Leads modelling good practice – taking on the role of ‘expert practitioner’
When and where?
Browse our upcoming dates, and make a booking by clicking on the relevant event below.
Sorry, we don’t have any public courses for you to book onto at the moment!
First, you can check out our world-class distance learning version of the Assessment Lead Programme by clicking here – others have been very impressed by the innovative platform, great look and feel of the course, and high-quality, evidence-based training.
Second, if in-person is your thing, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re always interested to hear from you, and we have run training in every format: from a two-hour webinar, to an exclusive four-day in-person course at your venue. Whether you have a CPD Network, or a local group of schools who are keen, or simply want to organise inset for your staff, we’d be very happy to discuss coming to you. Use the button below to contact us.
Feedback and testimonials
Below, you can read a selection of testimonials from previous in-person courses we have run. At our inaugural residential course, in Durham in August 2017, 100% of delegates said that they would recommend the course. Click here for a summary of that week’s course, and further feedback.
The residential included excellent content with really knowledgeable people delivering the sessions; their enthusiasm was infectious. Excellent value!
With their open, frank and enthusiastic demeanor, and their substantive, purposeful and clear explanations, the Evidence Based Education team has been able to move our institution forward by deepening our understanding of the ways in which assessment and data can be used to improve student learning.
The Assessment Lead Programme was easily one of the most difficult courses I have been on. However, I can tell you with 100% certainty that it has been the best. Thank you to the entire Evidence Based Education team, for your relentless drive towards revolutionising CPD and your work in leading the quest for evidence-based practice in education. Awesome.