The Great Teaching Toolkit
Unsure whether your CPD approach is improving teaching and learning? Not any more.
Trusted by more than 10,000 teachers around the world, the Great Teaching Toolkit is an evidence-based, end-to-end teacher CPD package that helps great teachers and schools become even greater. Save time and money, and improve CPD with bundles from 1 to 1,000+ staff.
Group Coordinator, Extol Trust
“Blown away with the professional dialogue today across Extol Trust regarding our understanding of great teaching… this is our Golden Thread.”
Leader of Professional Development, Cabot Learning Federation
“The student surveys provided me with such a useful insight into my teaching, and one that I had not been able to collect before.“
Coordinator, Kellett School
“Engaging teachers in the conversation about what great teaching looks like can be transformative.”
Evidence-based, sustained and sustainable teacher CPD with a clear, long-term structure
Personalised teacher CPD
Personalised development pathways for each teacher, targeting high-impact areas outlined in our Model for Great Teaching.
More than just a set of courses
With the Great Teaching Toolkit, as well as unlimited use of our courses, you benefit from a set of feedback tools and strategies to structure your professional development.
See the results
Know whether your teacher CPD programme is having an impact, to ensure that valuable time and money are well spent.
A whole-staff approach to improving teaching and learning
Research shows that there are key things that teachers know and do that make the biggest difference to student outcomes (and you can read more about them in our Great Teaching Toolkit: Evidence Review here).
The GTT is anchored firmly in these 17 Elements of Great Teaching, so by doing anything within the platform, you and your staff can be sure you are taking a best-bet approach to teacher CPD. It is also designed with the evidence on learning, and best-practice approaches to teacher CPD in mind.
It ensures that teachers have autonomy and ownership over their professional learning, and helps to:
- Develop a common language across teachers, teaching assistants and school leaders.
- Improve teaching in a sustained, sustainable and evidence-based way.
- Showcase the quality of teaching and learning across your staff.
What will the GTT enable you to do?
- Improve your understanding of the underpinning features of Great Teaching, with our suite of practical and classroom-focused Courses, as well as longer Lead Programmes.
- Give students a trustworthy voice in teaching and learning with reliable and research-backed student feedback tools.
- Turn these insights into improvement with development cycles: a model for improvement which can be used individually, with a coach or with a group of colleagues.
- Set your own school-wide development strategies and priorities, for all teachers or for specific groups.
- Supercharge observation, mentoring and coaching conversations, with our observation rubric and guided video observation tool, powered by our friends at VEO. (No expensive equipment needed!)
- Access actionable insights around the key support factors in school with the School Environment and Leadership Survey.
- Keep track of your and your teachers’ CPD with our CPD Passport.
What do others have to say?
An excellent framework to support individualised professional development
Dawn Watson is Headteacher of Eaglesfield Paddle CE Primary Academy, who joined the Great Teaching Toolkit in 2021 as part of a small group of schools across Cumbria with the support of the WELL Project (Western Excellence in Learning & Leadership). In light of the feedback from this initial group, several more schools in West […]
Encouraging better conversations about teaching and learning
Rachel Gordon is Assistant Head (Teaching and Learning) at Eltham College. She has led the school’s professional development program, using the Great Teaching Toolkit as the framework on which all discussions about teaching are based. She manages the schools use of the GTT platform and coordinates the use of student surveys with teachers across the […]
“Empowering staff” with their professional development
Olivia Graham is Assistant Headteacher at Queen Elizabeth II High School on the Isle of Man, having previously been Head of Maths and Director of CPD at the school. She began using the Great Teaching Toolkit with the school’s staff in September 2022, so we caught up with her to see how the first six […]
Bespoke, targeted and relevant CPD
Ruth Stead is the Assistant Headteacher of Netherhall School, in Cumbria. Netherhall School has 800 students on roll, 39% of which are pupil premium students. Over the last 6 years, Netherhall has been on a journey from ‘special measures’ to becoming a ‘good’ school in 2018. In 2021, Ruth enrolled Netherall School on the Great […]
Efficient and impactful professional learning
John Etty is Associate Headmaster at Auckland Grammar School, one of the first schools to adopt the Great Teaching Toolkit, having supported with the development of the student surveys in 2020. We spoke to John about how the GTT has helped inform a whole-school approach to professional development with his staff, both during lockdowns and […]
“I would 100% recommend the GTT, no doubt about it!”
Neil Groves is Head of Humanities at Bangkok Prep School; he and his colleagues came to the Great Teaching Toolkit after having previously done the Science of Learning Programme with EBE. Here, we speak to him about this journey so far. You came across EBE before we launched the Great Teaching Toolkit via our […]
Using the GTT means all staff are learning together
Jablai Saleh is Headteacher at Story Wood School, a primary school in Birmingham. She and her team began using the Great Teaching Toolkit in summer 2022, and we caught up with her to see how the staff were benefitting from access to the tools, courses and resources the GTT provides. How has the GTT […]
The Great Teaching Toolkit has the potential to be game-changing for our whole-school PL
Jean-Pierre Adamson is Head of English at the German-Swiss International School in Hong Kong. Having initially engaged with the Great Teaching Toolkit through our free Starter account and checked out the Foundation Course, he joined the GTT on a solo account with one other colleague to access the full suite of resources, courses and tools. […]
Transformative professional learning that is done “with you, not to you”
Jamie Kelleher is Head of English and Assistant Headteacher at Birchgrove Comprehensive School in Swansea. They were among the first to join the Great Teaching Toolkit on its launch in September 2021, as part of a pilot across three local authorities in Wales. Now into their second year of access, we spoke to Jamie to […]
The GTT as personal professional development
David Cooksey works in an international school setting, and joined the Great Teaching Toolkit on an individual basis in order to fulfil his own professional development needs, as well as trialling the full offering with a view to potentially rolling it out more widely in the future. Here we speak to him about how he […]
How much does it cost?
You can explore the Great Teaching Toolkit for free with a Starter account here – this gives you a flavour for the courses and programmes on offer, and access to the student surveys for yourself as an individual. To take advantage of all the GTT’s benefits, we have three plans.
- Full-feature access to the Great Teaching Toolkit, without the School Environment and Leadership Feedback Tool
- Also no aggregated school-level data included
- Ideal for just one teacher looking for a sustained CPD approach
£299 (excl. VAT) per year
Whole-school or -college access
- All features in the GTT for <10 to 150 staff
- Includes access to the new School Environment and Leadership feedback tool
- School-level aggregated feedback and oversight of whole-staff CPD Passport for monitoring
Banded pricing, from £49 to £199 (excl. VAT) per teacher per year
Group / MAT licence
- Whole-school access to the Great Teaching Toolkit for as many staff across as many schools required
- Group admin has overview of school-level data for oversight and support, as well as the ability to manage schools and increase/decrease licences in each
Group discounts apply for central bookings
Join 10,000+ teachers
Evidence-based teacher CPD
Courses, tools and much more
Great-value school improvement