Purchase places on the inaugural cohort of our Science of Learning Programme for your school.
What you will do:
- Explore the scientific evidence regarding the process of learning, and gain a robust understanding of the basic cognitive faculties. Learn how these systems interact as a student progresses from novice to advanced stages, and build a coherent model of how your students acquire, store and retrieve knowledge.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of specific teaching strategies and find out how each strategy can play its part in helping a student move from novice to advanced states. Practise and develop this in your own context and classroom.
- Apply concepts and strategies from the Science of Learning to curriculum planning in your subject or phase. Learn how to adjust examples and models to fit your context and your curriculum aims, and map learning activities to the stages of the cognitive development process.
- Develop an implementation plan to help your colleagues apply strategies from the Science of Learning. Prioritise issues and plan how to address them with clearly-defined roles, responsibilities and activities for all involved in students’ learning.
- Whole-school impact
- Flexible learning, to fit around your timetable
- No travel or cover costs
Contact us for more information.