After a ‘successful’ foray into bowls as part of EBE’s third birthday celebrations, the team is once again donning its collective sporting attire…
The EBE Open Championship will take place on Friday 27th 2018, at Chester-le-Street Golf Club. So eagerly anticipated is the competition that our CEM Training Manager (and resident bookmaker), Matt McGinlay, has set up EBEt – an internal sportsbook, offering odds on markets ranging from the lowest gross score, through the “shortest longest drive”, right to a player being struck by lightning. Given the weather forecast, a fiver on that might not be a bad shout…!
You can follow the action with some semi-live scores below. (We’ll certainly provide a half-time update after nine holes, and a full-time round-up, and we’ll try to update more regularly if it’s looking close!)
Up for grabs are six awards:
- The EBE Open Championship – a stableford competition with handicap
- The EBE Open Medal – the lowest gross score (without handicap)
- The EBE Open Putter – fewest total putts from on the green in the round
- The Longest Drive – on the 18th hole
- The Best Dressed
- The Quiz Winners – the round will be followed by a celebratory drink and a quiz about all things EBE…
The Managing Director has made a bold decision to offer double salary for a month, should someone manage a hole-in-one. He may live to regret this choice!