“What makes great assessment?” forum: FREE ebook and video live
If you follow us on social media, you may have seen by now that, on Tuesday, in partnership with the Chartered College of Teaching, we hosted a forum discussion entitled “What makes great assessment?”. Argyle Primary School in London was kind enough to host the event, whose aim was to bring much-needed focus and discussion to the importance of great assessment and how it can be used as a tool for learning. Our expert panel included:
- Professor Rob Coe, Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Durham University
- Dame Alison Peacock, Chartered College of Teaching
- David Weston, Teacher Development Trust
- Sarah Lee, Tarporley High School
- Daisy Christodoulou, ARK Multi Academy Trust
- Tim Oates CBE, Cambridge Assessment
Our very own Stuart Kime chaired the panel, and asked each member the following questions:
- What makes great assessment?
- What are the current and foreseeable assessment challenges and uncertainties facing educators?
- What action can the profession take to address these challenges?
We have now made live the ebook containing all of the panel’s answers, and you can download it here.
— Aileen senior (@mrsseniorRE) 9 May 2017
The event was also filmed in full by the team at the Chartered College of Teaching; they have uploaded their video for your viewing, too: